Saturday, April 25, 2015

With heartfelt sympathy

About 2 weeks ago we lost a special member of our family, Uncle Alan.  I have fond memories of visiting him and Aunt Isabel from when I was younger. They lived on the other side of the country so it made for a long trip to see them.  I volunteered (of course) to make the card to send since we would not be able to attend the services and I just wanted to share with all of you.  I really hate having to make cards for this reason but I love how this one turned out.



The card is a simple 6 inch squares with distress edging , thanks to the Prima Distress tool and Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The papers are all from the Prima Butterfly Collection, the flowers are also Prima ( La Tela -Canvas and a rose from I believe the Coffee Break collection) . The final touches were a scrap of leftover lace and some of my favorite accessory Prima Say it with Crystals Circles (seriously I may cry if they get rid of these).


Anyway I hope you enjoy the card , sorry I did not photograph the inside for display as it has personal sentiments in it that are meant only for family. I am sure you all understand. Have a wonderful weekend!    

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I saw it on Facebook last week and it inspired me to make a card different from my usual. Will be posting it on my blog tomorrow with links to this post. Thank you very much for the inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Aurora

    ReplyDelete